|Physicians||Data Management, Statistics, Quality Management||Nurses|
|December 17, 2017
|December 17, 2017
|November 6, 2017
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Delegates, who would like to present their work at the EBMT Annual Meeting, either orally or as a poster, are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee.
Please read the following instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the Supplement of the Bone Marrow Transplantation Journal by NPG.
- Accepted abstracts will be available on the EBMT Annual Meeting website two weeks prior to the meeting.
Physicians Abstract submission fee (ONLY FOR PHYSICIANS)
- There is a 45 Euro nonrefundable submission fee per abstract submitted.
- Payment must be made by credit card; Visa or MasterCard, American Express is not accepted.
- Bank transfers and checks will not be accepted.
- The abstract submission fee does not include registration for the EBMT Annual Meeting. In order to attend the meeting all authors must register through the EBMT Annual Meeting 2018 website.
- Abstract submitters that will not complete the payment of the fee by December 17, 2017 will not have their abstract reviewed by the committee.
- FOR CLARIFICARION: NO FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED UNDER NURSES, DATA MANAGEMENT, STATISTICS AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT.
Poster sessions / oral presentations
- Scheduling of poster sessions and abstract presentations is at the discretion of the Scientific Program Committee.
- Abstracts will be organized into sessions according to the abstract topics on the EBMT Annual Meeting website.
- While delegates may indicate their preference for oral or poster presentation, the final decision is made by the Scientific Program Committee.
- While every attempt will be made to program abstracts according to the requests of authors, requests for oral presentations cannot be guaranteed.
Abstract preparation expenses
- Expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenting authors.
How to submit an abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted online through the official online abstract submission system (available soon).
- Submission by fax, e-mail or courier will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must describe original, previously unpublished work.
- Please create a user account in order to submit an abstract. The account only needs to be created once and can be re-used for additional abstract submissions.
- The submitter is asked to select the most appropriate topic for the abstract on the submission form.
- Total length of abstract must not exceed 500 words (included in this count: background, methods, results, conclusions and graph).
- The body of the abstract will be structured as follows with the following subtitles:
- Image/Graph (optional)
1 Image may be included with the following criteria:
Maximum file size 500 kilobytes and the maximum of 600 x 800 pixel. Allowed file types: .gif, .jpg, .png. If your file size or pixel size is too large, you have to resize your graph accordingly.
1 Table may be included with the following criteria:
Maximum number of rows: 10, Maximum number of columns: 10
Placing a table counts against the word limit for your abstract.
The table tag or graph tag must be placed into the abstract text to include the table or graph into your publication.
- Clinical Trial Registry (if applicable)
- Conflict of interest
- It is preferable that the Background is stated in one sentence, the Methods kept to a brief description, that the Results are summarized and presented in sufficient detail to support the Conclusions. Note that it is not recommended to postulate that “the results will be discussed during the oral presentation” or that “other data will be presented later”.
- Use standard abbreviations where appropriate. Include any other abbreviations in brackets after the full word the first time it appears.
- Keywords: please enter a minimum of 3 keywords and maximum of 5 keywords, and double check the spelling of the entered keywords.
- Authors: All author full names should be included in the order they will appear in publication. Ensure that the correct spelling is confirmed for all contributing authors, no amendment will be permitted after the submission deadline.
- Affiliations: Each affiliation should be specified. Affiliations should include the primary employer or institution name, and location (city, state or province, country). No department names.
- Trademarks: If brand names and trademarks are included, it is required that the appropriate corresponding symbols are used consistently, as well as, any potential conflicts of interests clearly stated.
- You must complete all the on-line stages of abstract submission. Incomplete abstracts will not be reviewed.
- After completing your abstract submission you will receive a confirmation email. Please save this email for your personal record.
- Abstracts can only be submitted in English. EBMT will not translate an abstract.
- EBMT is not responsible for errors in the abstract submission. It is important that you read your text to ensure accuracy with no spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. No corrections will be accepted after the abstract submission deadline and the abstract will be published exactly as submitted.
- We encourage non-English-speaking authors to have their abstracts checked for grammar and spelling prior to submission.
- Incomplete abstracts will not be reviewed by the committee.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the presenting author to attend the Congress and present the abstract (if accepted) orally or as a poster in the session and at the time assigned by the Scientific Program Committee.
- All submitting authors must consent to the Declaration Statement on behalf of her/his co-authors in order for the abstract to be accepted for submission. This includes the certification that any work with human or animal subjects related in this abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures as set forth in the Declaration of Helsinki and related publications.
- All contributors must provide original material to be submitted for publication in Bone Marrow Transplantation. Abstracts that were previously published will not be included in the Bone Marrow Transplantation Journal.
- Authors retain copyright and are free to reuse their own work with full citation to the original published work.
- All material should be original and not previously published. If a table or figure has been published before, the authors must obtain written permission to reproduce the material in both print and electronic formats from the copyright owner. This rule applies for data, quoted text, illustrations and other materials taken from previously published works not in the public domain. The original source must be cited in the figure caption or table footnote.
- The submission of encore abstracts is permitted only if all authors agree and that it is indicated, on the submission form, that the abstract was previously published.
Conflict of interest disclosure
- All submitting authors must disclose, on behalf of all other authors of the abstracts, any conflicts of interest during the online abstract submission or have their work refused at the discretion of the organizing committee. All disclosures will be published in the abstracts.
- When you submit your abstract online, you will be asked to indicate if the authors now or in the past 12 months have had a significant financial interest or other relationship with commercial companies or other entities whose products or services you may discuss in your presentation, or who are supporting this activity. For any of the following relationship categories that apply to each author, you will be asked to indicate the relationship and name the commercial entities involved: 1. Funding 2.Employment 3.Personal Financial Interest
- We request all presenters to cooperate by declaring any potential conflict of interest on their slides or posters.
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft status” to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (Physicians, Data Management, Statistics and Quality Management December 17, 2017, Nurses November 6, 2017).
Withdrawal of an abstract
- Request for withdrawal should be sent to EBMT.firstname.lastname@example.org before February 1, 2018. The submitter must clearly explain the reason for withdrawal.
- Failure to present an abstract at the congress may lead to systematic rejection of your submission for future Annual Meetings.
Abstract Review process
- Abstracts will be subjected to a single blind review process by a panel of international experts in the field.
- Mean scores will be calculated for each abstract and based on this they will be allocated to oral or poster presentations, or they may be rejected.
- Each abstract will be scored based on the following criteria: scientific merit, suitable sample size, proper statistical analysis, adherence to instructions and originality of the work.
Acceptance/ rejection notification
- Only submitting authors will be notified by e-mail by end of January 2018 if their abstract has been accepted. Date, time and type of their presentation will be confirmed.
- It is the responsibility of the submitter to notify the other co-authors of the outcome decision.
- EBMT and the Scientific Program Committee do not correspond on the reasons of acceptance/rejection of an abstract. Instructions for oral presentation and poster preparation will be e-mailed in due course to the submitting authors.
- Each abstract author agrees and certifies that he or she: read all of the instructions above and agrees to be bound by them; And waives any and all claims against the EBMT and any reviewer arising out of or relating to the abstract submission and review process, including but not limited to peer review and the grading of abstracts.
For any questions, please contact EBMT.email@example.com.